Wednesday, June 07, 2006

We want illustration...


So this is my Illustration Friday "Portrait" of Patrick McGoohan as The Prisoner. My lack of being born prevented me from catching this show when it originally aired, but thanks to the magic of DVD (and the San Francisco Public Library) I've been able to see it. My favorite thing about the character might be that his face seems permanently stuck giving a disapproving people's eyebrow, an expression I tend to make quite frequently myself. Next on my list of old TV shows to catch is The Rockford Files.

Be seeing you.

5 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Really great. Very interesting and complex expression on this guy's face!

Jayster said...

A quirky little illo for a quirky show. The Rockford Files is sure to make Much more sense!!!
So, did you watch the full series?

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to see that show for so long. The Simpsons has sporadic Prisoner references, and I've vowed to one day understand them.

Sweet drawing...noncircle-headed again, and I really dig the "out of focus" quality of the background painting.

Ryan said...

Cuzzo: Thanks, I'm a big fan of that expression. I'm also really digging that cake image on your blog.

Jayster: I've watched all but the last two or three episodes. The library seems to be missing most of its copies of the last disk. Soon though, soon.

Russell: It's referenced in a bunch of other stuff I like too, which is why I mainly got into it. Totally worth checking out, it's like if James bond was held captive in Twin Peaks.

Jeff H. said...

The Prisoner is sheer class...KQED used to rerun it in the 80s, either before or after episodes of Dr. Who.


Nice No. 6!