Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dance!

(Click above image to see it animated.)

So I started drawing this as a "Dance" image for Illustration Friday and decided it would make a good animation cycle. Pay no mind to the gentleman's infinite supply of munitions. Perhaps he has magic guns, magic guns of infinite shooty-ness. Alright, I'm gonna go grab me one of the chocolate covered macaroons at the bagel shop on the corner. They're like giant chewy fresh baked Samoa Girl Scout Cookies. Hot damn, I'd dance like that kid just to get one, but instead I think I will just trade some legal tender for it. Catch you folks later.

9 comments:

Kim de Young said...

Nice dancin' Pilgrim...
love it, and the dancing boy's expresion is priceless.

Da Ghost Prod said...

Very expressive, i love the poor little boy face. Nice work !

Derek Knight said...

Completely awesome.

Unknown said...

HE ! HE!! Wonderful take on the theme!! Love your illo!

Anonymous said...

Pretty awesome animation...I particularly like the movement you got on the poncho.

lici said...

great illo! very creative!! I love tha animation! poor little boy!! :D

Gerald de Dios said...

That's awesome Ryan. I think that was a good post IF.

Ryan said...

Derek Knight, Alina Chau, & lici Thanks for the good words peeps!
haze mcelhenny My patience wears thin some times too that's why on things like this I'll just combine the pencil/ink stages into one pass.
Princess Pepper Cloud & da Ghost Prod The kid's facial expression is kinda where the rest of the drawing sprang from.
russell Thanks dude, that poncho is probably what gave me the most trouble on this.
gerald Hey thanks, hope to see you at the next sketch crawl.

Anonymous said...

I cut and pasted your pic from a google image search ("cowboy" and "guns" and "dance") to match some smack. I went back in and edited in your blog link. Nice stuff.

Here's the link in case you track that stuff: http://www.herfersparadise.org/portal/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1123647#1123647